Moment of the Week

Tuesday, October 3, 2006

The Past Year

So a year ago I wasn't much of a reader.  I never had time and when I did pick up a book I was never able to get into it.  Then  a year ago a friend gave me a book to read.  It was so good and I really enjoyed giving myself the time to read.  I told my mother in law Melissa about the book and she picked it up at her library and loved it too.  Then we decided to read another book, and another.  Now that I am not working I have plenty of time to read.  There are so many I want to read.  I realized the other day that it was last October I started reading.  I have been keeping a list of the books I read and when I looked over it I was amazed at how many books I have read.  I laughed at how you can tell when I quit working because the number of books I read a month jumped. 

Here is the list:

Books read 2005

Lovely Bones  by Alice Sebold(oct)

Lucky  by Alice Sebold(oct)

Icy Sparks   by Gwen Hyman Rubio(nov)

The Four Agreements by 

Books read 2006


Mine Are Spectacular! by Janice Kaplan & Lynn Schnurnberger(read alone)(mar)

Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons by Lorna Landvik (apr)

A Girl Named Zippy  by Haven Kimmel (read alone)(apr)

The Pilots Wife by Anita Shreve (apr)

Vinegar Hill by A. Manette Ansay (may)

Citizen Girl by Emma McLaughlin & Nicola Kraus (read alone) (may)

The Good Soldier by Ford Madox Ford (may)

Dying for Chocolate by Diane Mott Davidson (jun)

Gap Creek by Robert Morgan (read alone) (jun)

One Thousand White Women by Jim Fergus (jun)

Love Smart by Dr Phil (read alone) (jun)

The Group by Mary McCarthny (july)

Cheat and Charmer by Elizabeth Frank ( july )

Poisonwood Bible by Barbra Kingslover (read alone) ( July )

Crazy Ladies by Michael Lee West ( Aug )    

Patty Jane's House of Curl by Lorna Landvik (aug)

One for the Money by Janet Evanovich(aug)

The Freedom Writers Diary by The Freedom Writers and Erin Gruwell(aug)

The Tall Pine Polka by Lorna Landvik (aug)

Two For  The Dough by Janet Evanovich (sept)

She Got Up Off the Couch by Haven Kimmel (sept)

The Clothes They Stood Up In and The Lady In The Van by Alan Bennett (sept)

If Melissa posted a list of all the books she has read in the past year I bet it would be even longer.   We only plan to read two books a month but we always end up having time for atleast one extra. It works out great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment