
The Jinx by Jennifer Sturman- I really enjoyed this book. I did not know that is was the sequel until I was nearly done with it. Oops... but even though it is a sequel I didn't feel like I was lost. The story is about a New York business women on a trip to Boston where she is stuck trying to solve a 'who done it'. Even though at times I was screaming at her to catch up .. "like hurry up and put two and two together already!!!" (That always makes me a little upset. I like to feel like they are smarter than me. Hehe.) The book is completely cute and a I really liked it. I am planning one day to go back and read the first book. ( after I finish the million I have on my stack)
Three to Get Deadly by Janet Evanovich- Another absolutely delightful Stephanie Plum book. These adventures are so fun. I can't put them down. I don't know how many times I can describe these books as side splitting funny, but what else can I say? This book isn't a good book if you are trying to calm down before bed. I found myself in bed laughing so hard I began to cry. Gets ya all riled up some of the things she does. In this book it seems everyone she knows ends up dead. Yikes. It was so entertaining.
Four to Score by Janet Evanovich- Thank goodness Janet Evanovich knew we couldn't take any more Joe Morelli teasing. After three books I couldn't handle it anymore!! Thankfully Joe and Stephanie finally get more serous in Four to Score. I have decided that if by #7 they aren't married that I will not read any more of the Plum books. Stephanie might not be a good bounty hunter yet but I have so much fun watching her screw up. Her grandma is a riot and I feel like I know these people now. Thank goodness Stephanie is able to avoid the numerous attempts to take her life in this book. And thank goodness Rex the hamster survived. I have never been teary eyes over a pretend hamster before. I guess that is just how good Janet Evanovich is!!
Widow of the South by Robert Hicks- I have to admit I wasn't geeked about reading this book. It is about the Civil War which I have never been interested in quite honestly. I could barely get through the textbook reading I had to do in school.. How was I going to get through a book about the subject if no one was forcing me to?? Well, it didn't take me too long to get hooked. By page 100 I was trying to figure out when I should take a trip to Franklin, TN to visit the battleground. This book is full of history and the rest is filled in with a great story!! The McGavock's home is taken over as a hospital for the wounded men fighting in town not very far away. Carrie McGavock is already dealing with death.. The deaths of three of her children. Strangely she is brought back to life when she is forced to take care of the dying and the injured. One soldier in particular..... This book is so wonderful. I highly recommend it!! ( and I will let you know if I ever visit Franklin.)
Tales from the Bed by Jenifer Estess- This book was so moving. It is a memoir. Jenifer at the age of 35 is diagnosed with ALS. A lively active woman living in New York City is now dealing with a terrible disease. She has to deal with so many scary things. At the end of this book I was really affected. The books is amusing though, her sense of humor is a relief even in the end. I have 14 page markers in my book so when I talk to Melissa about this book I won't forget all of the things that were really funny or really touching. What an amazing person!!
This month's book were really great! Yippie Love it when that happens. hehe
No comments:
Post a Comment