Moment of the Week

Sunday, December 2, 2007

A Special Surprise



We had a really great weekend.  On Saturday we went to the squadron Christmas Party.  It was really wonderful.  The food was good, they had prizes for everyone, and the games were entertaining.  It really felt like a Christmas Party.  We even won a 12 inch electric skillet which was perfect.  We were just talking about replacing our old one because it doesn't heat well anymore.  So the prize we got was perfect!
Sunday we woke up and I made breakfast.  When we went to sit down there was a gift bag next to my plate.  I didn't even see Dave set it there!  Since it was the day of my shower he knew I would be a little sad because I wouldn't be there so he got a gift for me to open!  It was so sweet.  The card made me cry and just the gesture made me feel extremely loved.  He can be so thoughtful.    He bought a Carters blanket with a little puppy on it that says I love my puppy, a pair of cute socks, and a 'who loves baby' picture book. We had seen that picture book in the store.  I am going to put photos of our family in it soon.  I just thought that was so sweet of him to do.  It can be hard being away from our families especially when special things are going on like weddings, showers, and holidays.  I am really lucky to have such a great husband!  
Later in the day we went to see Fred Claus which we both really liked.  I was surprised that Vince Vaughn could do a PG movie!  It was still funny without curse words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment