Moment of the Week

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

2 cm

 

crane-cow-humidifier_large.jpg

I went to my OB appointment today.  The doctor checked me to see if anything was happening down there with the baby yet.  I thought I wanted to know but now I'm not so sure.  She told me I am dilated to 2.  I know that is nothing to get excited about because you can be dilated for weeks before you go into labor.  But still just knowing things are starting to get ready makes me scared.  I'm especially anxious because I had a bunch of contractions the hour before my appointment. 

  I guess we are supposed have a blizzard like snowstorm tonight.    The doctor said her checking the cervix can sometimes cause labor to start... wouldn't that be terrible if I went into labor during a blizzard?

Oh I nearly forgot! When she went looked at my belly to measure it she saw that bump that makes my belly pointy and she was like 'Wait is he head down?'  So she checked and he is head down. I asked her if it is his butt and she said that is was his little behind making my belly so pointy!

We were looking for a good humidifier and found a company that makes cool mist humidifiers for kids rooms.  The reviews were actually really great so we purchased the cow.  It looks so cute in the baby's room with the Barnyard bedding.  Actually we will be using it in our room since the baby will sleep in our room for a few months.  I am sure it will be cute in with our decor too.  Haha

4 comments:

  1. That is the cutest humidifier I have ever seen!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. I love the humidifier. Don't worry. Everything is going to be perfect. Goodness. I'm getting excited reading your blog. I wish we could be there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We started using that humidifier a few nights ago and it works really great. It is the third humidifier we have owned, the others were pitched because we could NEVER find replacement filters. This one though is ultrasonic so no filters required. Its totally quiet and efficient! We love it. I am thinking we might want to get another one for our room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought a humidifier a few months ago. It makes all this bubbling noise. Marc wants to buy this one ultrasonic humidifier from Bed Bath and Beyond. It's like 199 though. But, it would be nice to have humidity and no bubbling... Which one are you guys going to get for your room?

    ReplyDelete