Moment of the Week

Friday, January 18, 2008

50 cent Saturday?

Today we went to main base to get some groceries and happened to drive by the Thrift Store and it was open.  They run the craziest hours, I swear every time I drive by its closed.  So we stopped in because we have heard that sometimes the BX takes clearance clothes that don't sell and donates them  there.  There were lots of people in there.  It took us a while to find the baby clothes and I was surprised we found a few things that are stain free and were only a dollar!  I picked out a hooded fleece lined vest that will be perfect next fall.  I also found a pair of 6-9 mo jeans, 3-6 mo khaki overalls with safari animals, a newborn sleeper with sweater sleeves that is SO cute, and 2 rompers.  The NB sleeper was in  the consignment section so i knew it was a little more... 2 bucks.  We went to the counter to pay and she told me that the consignment item was going to be 'normal price'.  I asked what she meant,  and she told me that today was 50 cent Saturday!  So all of the other clothes we picked up were only 50 cents instead of a dollar.  Holy Moly!  Pretty cool eh?! 

Yesterday we finished up our Childbirth Class.  I was really happy Dave was able to attend both days of class with me.  The first day was just  videos, and explanation from the nurse that teaches the new parent classes.  You know mucus plug, breaking water, dilation, epiosiotomy talk.  LOL There were 3 other couples taking the class.  The other women were all due after me.  I guess I was sort of cutting it close.  They were 30, 33, 34 weeks along but they all had larger bellys than I do.  He he.  During yesterday's class we watched a couple more videos then practiced breathing.  They had us sit on the floor with pillows and I was wishing I had done it a few weeks ago when I had a little more room in my belly.  I couldn't get a good breathe and the baby was jabbing me really hard to get me to give up more space.  LOL  We got another tour of L&D.  I was glad because even though we had been through before I had more questions. 

I got the DVD of my shower yesterday.  Dave and I had a good time watching it.  It was really neat. 

Only 2 weeks left!  Tomorrow is the beginning of my 38th week.  I will take and post pictures of my belly tomorrow.  Its funny to feel big bulges sticking out of my belly.  Last night after watching movies I got up from the sofa and looked down at my belly and it was FLAT on one side!  I was shocked!  It makes me laugh feeling little Nathan parts poking out here and there. I can't wait to meet him! 

We hope you all have a great weekend!

 

Oh I almost forgot.  When I have the baby we are planning to only phone our parents.  If anyone else wants a call let us know soon!  If we can't make it ourselves for some reason we will ask our nearest parent to phone you.  Does that make sense??  I am sure our parents will sort of spread the new anyways.  Just remember if you want us to phone that we are 14 hours ahead of you!!  Also, when Dave comes home to check  in on Wendy after the baby is born he will post info on our blog. So watch out!  I am sure he will upload photos(nothing graphic I promise, especially because I've made Dave swear he won't look 'down there' when the baby makes his exit), and fill everyone in on how my labor went and how big the baby is and all that fun stuff!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment