Moment of the Week

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Everyday gets easier

Okay let me just say that I have the BEST husband ever!  I don't know how I got so lucky.  Dave has been so awesome.  He does it all!  He has been keeping up on the dishes, laundry, cooking, and cleaning.  Then he is on diaper duty all the time.  I can count the number of diapers I have changes on one hand seriously!( don't worry the baby is peeing and pooping a ton)  Dave has been a huge help as we are working on breastfeeding, and after a feeding he always scoops the baby up to burp him.  It is amazing. 

Luckily the nursing is getting easier and Nate has been exclusively on breast milk for a full 3 days now!  Today I was able to get him going without Dave!   I could tell Dave was relieved. I think we are both worried about where we will be when Dave has to return to work on the 25th.  We still have a few kinks to workout, but we have decided to continue working at it and if we have to keep feeding like we are( with a nipple shield), then we will do it as long as we can and if we have to go to formula feeding then we won't be upset.  I have lots of milk so we are just hoping it continues while we work at this.  Nate has been sleeping much better since we stopped using formula to supplement.  So have we!  We love this little man! Watching him is such a thrill.  He makes the funniest expressions.  We both really enjoy snoozing with him in the recliner with the boppy. ( one at a time of course)  It is a lot of work but it is so enjoyable and rewarding

1 comment:

  1. I trained him well, didn't I Teresa!!! Guess I did something right! I soo glad everything is working out good for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete