Today is my due date!! Still no sign of this little guy getting ready to make his exit. I feel like I am a little kid waiting for summer vacation, my birthday, Christmas Morning, the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny, Trick or Treating, and water to boil all at once. It's all I can think about. I know due dates aren't anything to set your watch by, but still I have been waiting patiently this whole time to get to the 40 week marker and I made it!! Now more waiting! Woof. I was looking up something online and found this list of famous birthdays in February. Wonder who my baby will share his birthday with...
Famous Birthdays
- Princess Stephanie of Monaco, Lisa Marie Presley, Clark Gable
- Christie Brinkley, Graham Nash, Farrah Fawcett
- Fran Tarkenton, Norman Rockwell
- Charles Lindbergh, Dan Quayle, Lawrence Taylor
- Bob Marley, Hank Aaron, Roger Staubach, Adlai Stevenson Jr.
- Zsa Zsa Gabor, Ronald Reagan, Babe Ruth, Axl Rose
- Garth Brooks, Sinclair Lewis
- Jules Verne, Nick Nolte, Ted Koppel, Audrey Meadows
- Carole King, William H. Harrison, Joe Pesci
- Greg Norman, John Calipari, Mark Spitz
- Mark Spitz, Jennifer Aniston, Thomas Edison
- Charles Darwin, Abraham Lincoln, Arsenio Hall
- Chuck Yaeger, Bess Truman
- Drew Bledsoe, Jimmy Hoffa, Florence Henderson
- Galileo, Susan B. Anthony, Jaromir Jagr, Galileo Galilei
- John McEnroe, Sony Bono, Ice-T
- Michael Jordan, Jim Brown, Chaim Potok
- Yoko Ono, Vanna White, Matt Dillon, John Travolta
- Justine Bateman, Eddie Arcaro, Smokey Robinson
- Bobby Unser, Charles Barkley, Cindy Crawford
- David Geffen, Barbara Jordan
- George Washington, Julius Erving, Drew Barrymore
- Peter Fonda
- Steven Jobs, Enrico Caruso
- George Harrison, Sally Jessy Rafael
- Michael Bolton, Tony Randall, Jackie Gleason
- John Steinbeck, Chelsea Clinton, Elizabeth Taylor, John Steinbeck
- Eric Lindros, Mario Andretti, Bernadette Peters
- Jimmy Dorsey
Don't you think its funny that Jimmy Hoffa was born on Valentine's Day? Dave and I have joked that it would be our luck to have the baby on Valentine's Day. We have yet to have a nice Valentine's Day together. Here is what our past years Valentine's Days have been like-
2002- I spent the entire day on the train traveling from Flint to Dallas. The total trip was 36 hours... So I mean the ENTIRE day. I arrived in Texas on the 15th...
2003- Dave and I both had to work, I was employed at the IGA in Sun City at the time... but we did get to spend a few hours together because just before I needed to leave for work I was washing a bread knife and sliced across the knuckle of my index finger, so Dave had to take me to the ER to get stitches and that took like 4 hours.
2004- I was filling in for a couple of weeks at the Military Clothing Store at LUKE and they ordered me to work a 12 hour shift on Valentine's Day...Dave had the day off for some reason and I had to work ALL day!! But I did see him for a few minutes because I found a dead mouse in the bathroom at the clothing store and me and the other girls working didn't want to touch it so I called him up to come dispose of it.
2005- It wasn't as terrible. We were actually in Michigan because we were PCSing to Japan. We made plans to have dinner with Dave's friend and my cousin, trying to set them up.... and his freind stood up my cousin. We felt so bad. So we ended up going out with my cousin and Jackie.
2006- I can't even remember 2006, I think I was in Michigan? If I wasn't then Dave was working swings and I didn't see him.
2007- We went out to a nice dinner in Hachinohe. Dave's mom was visiting so she was with us. It was a nice dinner, but still we have never gone out just the two of us.
So will this Valentine's day be spend in labor and delivery? I hope not. I don't know if I can stand waiting 10 more days for this baby to arrive! I can't wait to meet him! I will be very happy if we spend this V-Day at home with our new baby.
We went to Swan Park on Saturday, I felt like getting out of the house and I haven't been to Swan Park in a long time. It was fun to go feed the ducks. I put up an album in our photos.
I hope everyone enjoyed their Superbowl Sunday! Dave woke up at 7 this morning to watch the game live. I am so glad the Giants won, the Patriots got caught cheating and I hate it when people get away with cheating or breaking the rules!!
Thinking of you today! Momma Tess and Daddy Mic. :) How cute!
ReplyDelete