Moment of the Week

Saturday, September 19, 2015

A Mini Mite

Besides being an orange belt in karate you may or may not know that Nate has taken skating and hockey lessons the past several fall/winter/springs.  



Here he was at his first skating lesson. 
Look at our little baby!

I've mostly stayed home during skate lessons. 
I sew usually.
I go from time to time, but it's a great time for me to be alone, which I need.  
I spend a boatload of time with my child.  
It's something Nate and Dave do together. 
Dave even takes care of the gear, trading outgrown skates and helmets in. 
 It's nice to not be responsible for any of this..... 
Listen though I'm not a bad mom!  
I deal with the karate gi, and tie the belt like a pro now.
I'm pretty sure I know all of lesson plans 1 and 2 and I'm pretty sure with the million hours I've spent in the dojo I could pass my orange belt test.     
Or at least escape a mugging.

 
This was Nate at his last lesson in April.
I took this picture, because I had to take him to his last two classes after Dave left.
Getting all of this gear on was a JOB.
I'd rather tie a gi any day!


 This year Nate will be playing in the local league.
Rushmore Thunder they call it.
They play at the Thunderdome.
Sounds serious eh?  
Games, practices, raffle tickets, the whole organized sport thing. 
They haven't started making the ice yet. 
I'm praying Dave will be home before it's ready.
I want to hand this hobby back to Dad.
Today though was the equipment rental day. 
I had to do it.
What do I know about hockey gear?  
NOTHING!
Words I heard that I faked knowing what they meant...... 
breezers, compression shorts, cup, mouth guard, neck guard.
I am not ready to take my little baby boy to buy a cup!
But I was told I don't have to worry about teeth getting knocked out, at this age they just have to wear the mouth guard so they don't bite their tongues.  
Right.
So I handed over my deposit and my rental fee (20 bucks seems very reasonable)
Everything was put into a bag larger than my child.(included in the rental!)

I've crossing my fingers this was the only hockey responsibility I have.
(I'll happily spend my Saturdays watching the games.)

Hurry home David!!
If they try to bump you from the rotator tell them, "No I gotta get on this plane! Hockey starts soon and my wife doesn't know WTF a neck guard is or how to pick out a cup!" 





1 comment:

  1. Lmao...Teresa, you ARE a great mom AND a funny one too. I live you're stories. Nate is getting so big.

    ReplyDelete