Moment of the Week

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Toy Taxonomy


Last week since I wanted to ease Nate into the school routine I decided to wait a week to begin some of our electives, like science and history.  So yesterday we started Botany.

Today part of our lesson was learning about the way scientists classify things so we can understand a little better the different classifications of plants.  Our book suggested we do this at home with shoes, but we did a way more basic type of sorting back in kindergarten with our 'imagination' toy basket, so I thought we should use them again with this exercise.  


First we decided on our kingdoms.

  
Then we started sorting them into the phyla, classes, and orders.  


It took us awhile, but I had fun.  Nate said it was hard not to just start playing, but he isn't as interested in organization as I am.  


It was a fun.  I am looking forward to lots of fun science activities and experiments.

No comments:

Post a Comment