Moment of the Week

Saturday, September 5, 2015

The Second Week of Second Grade

 Things went really smoothly this week.  
I'm so incredibly pleased, and I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.  
These fun hands on activities seem to make a huge difference.  


I love q-bitz because it feels like quilt blocks.  


Getting into our Botany lessons went well.


History was a piece of cake this week, since it mostly reviewed the Roman Empire, which we learned last year.(Now we start with the fall of Rome.)  Nate gave thinking putty a try while I read to him.  It was pretty much a huge hit.


The workbox system is amazingly helpful for me.  
I can easily get prepared for the next day, and see where we can throw something fun in. 
I feel like I failed at this last year, big time!


I am also finding it easier when I set up the workbox to throw some fun learning toy in there.  
Today the scrunch map was in the box with our geography book.  
Nate thought it was a diaper.
He was pretty impressed when I pulled out the map.  


These first two weeks we have been doing really well on time.  
Finishing with plenty of time to do something fun before lunch, today we did a science activity to demonstrate how nonvascular plants absorb water.  


And he enjoys a daily art activity. (I drew this bunny)

  
Friday we had time to put together a puzzle. 


A successful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment