Moment of the Week

Saturday, September 26, 2015

This Stage

For six months I made it a point to cook.  
Mostly for my own sanity, to feel 'normal'.  
So I was constantly making mini versions of meals I make, or making a dish and freezing half, or buying meat and putting half of a marinade and the meat in the freezer.  
It was worth the effort. 
 I don't even think we averaged eating out once a week.  
Then I noticed the gas line on the grill that takes the gas to the other burners was constantly on fire.  I'm pretty sure it is leaking, so my go to dinner plan of  grilling stuff was taken out.
Then I was just annoyed.
 Not so much of cooking but the dishes and clean up. 
 It was dragging me down.

So this is what the rest of this deployment will be.  
 Frozen dinners.

The first time I asked Nate if he wanted this tv dinner or another, he exclaimed right there in the aisle, "WHAT IS THAT??!"
Not in a good way.  
He was appalled.  
He said,"MOM! No! I want  something healthy!"  
It made me happy that he didn't even understand this type of product at the store.  
I told him it was short term just until Dad gets home.  
So this is our reality.  
And it's great because there are no dishes!


But it is very sad that our fridge is so bare.  Just sandwich stuff and fruit.  

I really hope Dave gets home quickly, because it's starting to gross me out a little.  
And I do miss cooking.  
Just not the dishes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment