Moment of the Week

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Just a thought

Ok this may be super insensitive of me but I am going to say it anyways. WHY WHY WHY is it such a huge deal that all of those rich people are in danger of losing their homes to the fires in Southern California?? Everyone is in risk of having a natural disaster come their way, whether it be tornado, wildfire, hurricane, floods.... I mean no place is safe. But why do I see all of this news about these fires when these people are so rich and will have no problem bouncing back even if they loose their ridiculously huge homes. That is why Hurricane Katrina was so horrible because most of the people devastated by it couldn't just buy new. But these rich people living in million dollar homes I am sure have awesome home owners insurance and will have new mansions in no time. Heck they are millionaires...can't they just buy new anyways? After living in Arizona for three years and the state constantly having wildfires I am surprised how much media attention these fires are getting. Is it because these people 'celebrities' are more important that the average joes that lose their homes to fire? There is never any media coverage for the normal people. I am sorry but when I hear that Tori Spelling is being evacuated I am not worried about where she is going to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment