Moment of the Week

Friday, October 19, 2007

My Favorite Pregnancy Websites


I have found a few really great websites since I became pregnant. Two of the sites send me a weekly email that explains whats going on with the baby that week. Its really neat. And sometimes I really think I would forget what week I am in if I didn't get an email every Sunday that says 'Welcome to week 25'. My favorite site is www.babycenter.com It has all the info available for women trying to get pregnant, women that are pregnant, new moms, moms with toddlers, preschoolers, and big kids. Actually I think it is for both moms and dads. But you know most of the people on the site are women wondering what is up with that new thing their nipples are doing or all of the other crazy things that start happening to your body during pregnancy. But the awesome thing about this site are the community boards. They have boards set up for everything. There are boards with women talking about struggles getting pregnant, other boards for women coping with the loss of a child... and the funner boards are the birth boards! I LOVE it. I just started really fallowing and participating in my due date month board about a month ago. But a lot of the women met up there at the very beginning and have been going through everything together. Its cool to hear that the other women are constipated too, and are anxious and already have their nursery together. They post weekly belly pictures of their baby bumps( and I was shocked at how huge they are), they keep a tally of women on the board expecting boys vs. girls. Its a great place to take your questions or concerns and find several other people going through the exact same thing. I love checking in to the board. I cannot wait until February when we start posting birth announcement. The board will keep going and we can talk to each other about.. babies that scream all night or babies with diaper rash or all sorts of other things mommys talk about.

My other favs are http://www.pregnancyguideonline.com/ and http://www.babyzone.com/ They are both great.

No comments:

Post a Comment