Moment of the Week

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Bundles For Babies


This morning I went to the class that the Family Support Center has. Its called Bundles for Babies. It was 3 hours long but really great! They gave us this packet of great info. They also had several guest speakers come in and inform us on all sorts of stuff. I was so glad someone came in and explained the Birth Registry and Passport processes. SO I found out.... It takes 4-6 weeks to get the baby's birth certificate. And if we apply for a tourist passport they will process the passport at the same time as the birth registry so both the birth certificate and passport come in after about 4-6 weeks. If we get the free SOFA passport we have to wait the 4-6 weeks for the birth certificate and then send away for the passport and wait another 6 weeks. So now I can stop worrying about whether or not we will be able to go home next summer for Becky's wedding and Jackie's graduation. I am so glad we will be able to bring the baby home to meet our family next summer rather than waiting until Feb-09 when he will be already one!

Anyhow the bundle they give out is awesome. I had no idea is would have so much stuff in it!! This is what came in the bag... All Gerber stuff.....1 snuggly soft receiving blanket, 1 thermal receiving blanket, 1 hooded towel, 4 pack of wash clothes, 4 pack of diaper burp cloths, 3 pack burp cloths, 2 pack of 6-9 month Sleep n Plays, 4 pack of newborn onesies, and 2 bibs!!!! AND it all came in a nice Air Force Aid Society canvas bag. I was really impressed. OH!! And at the class she did a raffle and I won a nice blue knitted blanket. How great is all that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment