Moment of the Week

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Aug 15

Lots of fun things have been going on around here.  Nate is a rolling maniac.  He is always going one way or the other.  Dave finds Nathan asleep on his tummy most mornings now.  Once Nate gets on his tummy he scoots himself backwards.  Its funny, he gets frustrated because he is gets farther from the toy he was playing with and he doesn't know why.  He is eating mixed cereal now, and we just started peaches.  He is getting much better at putting the pacifier in himself.  It has been a couple of weeks since I have had to put it in for him during the night.  I'm not sure if he puts it back in himself or just doesn't wake up for it anymore.  But I appreciate a full night of uninterrupted sleep.

We had the Malota Family over for dinner last night. I made some yummy pork chops.  The marinade made them super tasty.  It is 1/4 c. honey, 1/4 c. lemon juice, 2 T soy sauce, and 2 garlic cloves(minced, but I used 1 t. crushed from a jar).  Just toss 4 thick pork loin chops in for 4-8 hours, then grill them.  YUM 

It has been sort of cool here lately, only getting up in the mid 70s but with lots of sunshine.  It has been delightful. 

I believe the assignments to Korea have come out, and Dave hasn't got any, so, whew, we should be moving back to the states... now we just wait some more to find out where.

No comments:

Post a Comment