Moment of the Week

Sunday, December 3, 2006

Have to get a new car

Well, what a day this turned out to be!! Image Here is what happened. 


In Japan every two years you have to renew the Japanese Compulsory Insurance.( we also pay a Liability insurance every 3 months)  They inspect the vehicle with a fine tooth comb and anything that is wrong with it must be fixed to renew the insurance.Image That means any rusted doohickeys under the car must be replaced.  It is a bit of a hassle because the insurance is expensive about 500 bucks but the real cost ends up being the repairs.  The man that sold us the Surf paid 900 in  repairs.  We have had a few troubles with the Surf and Dave knows our exhaust has problems so we figured we'll probably need some repairs.  We thought we had a month until the insurance was due however today Dave dug out the paper work and it turns out it is due next week.  ImageThat gives us zero time to get it looked at to decide if the repairs will be worth it.  So, its to the junkyard the Surf will go. Image We probably would have junked it anyways so I don't feel bad.  At least we are saving the 90 bucks for the initial inspections up at the auto shop. Image Since there wasn't much at the Lemon Lot on base we went to Lucky's Car Sales off base.  We picked out a really cute 4 door sedan.  It is a Nissan  Primera.  We have to put $500 down tomorrow then we make payments interest free for the next 10 months.  I am actually really excited. Image It will be so much nicer to have a car to drive around because the Surf can be tricky to get into 'parking lots' and around narrow streets.   Since Jackie is going to come out to visit next summer while Dave is in Iraq it will be a lot easier for me to drive her around.   We should have all of the paperwork done on Thursday.  AND Lucky's is going to junk the Surf for us!!Image That is a lot of hassle we can skip!!! Yippie!


Well, I am still working on laundry.  Hopefully I can get it done while I watch TV tonight.  Pretty much Monday is the only night with good shows on.  Amazing Race is on in 9 minutes eeeee I am excited even thought I peeked on www.cbs.com to see who got the boot.( I can't handle the suspense!Image)    


No comments:

Post a Comment