Moment of the Week

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Our Story

 

. Awhile ago one of my friends posted her and her husband's 'story'. I thought it was a really great idea. SO because we are only a couple weeks away from our 5th wedding anniversary I thought I would post ours!
Dave and I met in High School. I didn't really know him until junior year. We had assigned seating in Ms. Skupin's math class and we sat next to each other. I thought he was really nice especially since he let me copy his homework sometimes. Dave told me once we started dating that he wanted to ask me to Snowcoming that year but I had a boyfriend at the time.
Senior year we had Chemistry II together. We didn't talk much though. We did occasionally chat on the bus to Vo-Tech though. By the end of the year we started talking more and more. I had already been broken up from my old boyfriend at that point. The last couple weeks of senior year we were flirting a lot and my feelings for him had changed. We decided to sign up to walk together at graduation. Then I really started thinking about him a lot. He had told me that his parents were out of town and he was having a few people over and that Gus and I should stop by. SO we did. It was fun. We didn't drink with them but we watched movies and had a fun night.
All of our friends knew we liked each other and were just waiting for him to ask me out. He had told our friend Josh he was going to ask me out to the movies but he kept chickening out. Finally my friend Gus told him he better do it quick before we drove her bonkers. SO he finally did!
He asked me to the movies and we set our date for the last day of school. It was Friday the 25th of May. He picked me up in the Rabbit that evening and we went to see Pearl Harbor. When we got out of the movie it was raining and his Rabbit's sunroof leaked. It wasn't terrible, but everytime he turned a corner water streamed down him shirt. It was really funny. Dave dropped me off at my house. I told him he didn't need to walk me to the door because it was raining really hard. He later told me he thought I had a terrible time beacause of the drive home. But I had fun!
We spend the weeks after that dating and falling in love. We really enjoyed spending time together and it was so comfortable. We just really enjoy each other's company. Dave would come over in the evening after I got out of work and we would watch tv and talk about everything.
Dave left for Boot Camp on July 2nd. It was really hard to say goodbye to him. I knew we loved eachother but I didnt know how he would feel about me after being apart for so long. I remember the first time he called from boot camp. He had been gone for a week or so I think. I was just getting home and the phone was ringing. When I realized it was him I was shocked. I didn't expect him to call. We didnt talk long cause he wanted to call him mom and check in with her then he would call me back if he had enough time. When I hung up with him and got ready to wait for the call back I lost it. I starting sobbing. Just cause I missed him and I was so glad to hear from him.
We wrote eachother and he was able to call a couple times in the 6 weeks he was in Basic. I bought a plane ticket to San Antonio to be there for his graduation. His mom and I went with the wife of Dave's friend who was graduating with Dave. It was nice. We had a great weekend. Dave and I didn't get any alone time to talk much but we had a few minutes and we talked about how serous we were and how much we loved each other.
Dave went to tech school in Wichita Falls and we talked every night on the phone. I mean EVERY night for HOURS. We talked about so many things and we got to know each other really well. We decided I would fly down to visit him for Thanksgiving.
I did and we had a really great weekend. It had been over three months since we had seen each other. We ate Thanksgiving dinner at Denny's It was really great and we have a lot of great memories from that weekend. Most importantly that weekend Dave asked me to marry him. I sorta figured it was coming but, it was really wonderful.
We didn't really know when we would get married. WE weren't sure Dave would be able to come home that Christmas until two weeks before. When we got word he was coming home we decided to get married. My mom didn't want us to get married at the court house though. I am really glad we ended up having a church wedding. It was really amazing how things came together. We planned the entire wedding in two weeks. Dave and I paid for almost all of it ourselves. We were married on a Thursday and we told our aunts and uncles about the wedding on Christmas! ( two days notice.. Nice eh?) It turned out to be a really wonderful day. A few days after we were married Dave and I went to Toronto for a 4 day honeymoon. It was really great. Ahhhhh.... Memories!!


No comments:

Post a Comment